Welcome Desk Supervisor – Full Time (2 positions available)
The Dartmouth Sportsplex, built in 1982, is a family-focused health, fitness, and recreation complex that serves Dartmouth’s communities and all regions of the Halifax Regional Municipality. The former Dartmouth Sportsplex offered an arena, running track, racquetball and squash courts, full fitness centre, two swimming pools, and various meeting spaces. In November 2018, the facility will complete a major $25 million revitalization project, re-opening with new features such as a double gymnasium, new fitness centres and equipment, new welcoming community spaces, and so much more. In addition to the physical renovations, the facility is also launching a large-scale community outreach and accessibility program to reduce barriers and ensure that everyone in our community can play at the Sportsplex.
Diversity is a primary value of the Dartmouth Sportsplex. As an equal opportunity employer, we consider individual talents, skills, and unique perspectives to provide the best service to our vibrant community. Currently, the Dartmouth Sportsplex is seeking two energetic people to serve as our Welcome Desk Supervisors, helping to lead the welcome desk alongside our Desk Coordinator. This position involves:
- Recruiting, training, and coaching welcome desk staff.
- Ensuring an exceptional customer experience.
- Sales (processing registrations for facility passes, programs, products and services) and taking payments.
- Conducting facility tours.
- Welcoming customers to the facility and answering phones.
- Monitoring of the parking lot.
We’re looking for individuals who:
- Are passionate about recreation and the impact it has on our community’s health.
- Have experience working in recreation or previous experience in customer service and working with computers.
- Have experience in leadership roles and are motivated to develop their leadership skills.
- Understand the skill it takes to deliver stellar customer service.
- Can work flexible hours, including regular morning, night, and weekend shifts.
- Are competent using e-mail, word processing programs, web based software, and spreadsheets.
- Are detail-oriented and enjoy working with the public.
- Enjoys and thrives when working with people with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
CPR, AED, first aid, and WHIMIS certification is an asset (but we can provide if required). Bilingualism (English along with Arabic, French, Swahili, or Mandarin) is considered an asset but is not necessary.
This is a 40-hour work week leadership position. The successful candidate will work closely with the Welcome Desk Coordinator to create a diverse and superior customer service. We offer a supportive work environment with the option to be paid hourly or salary. Please contact Michelle Harris - Welcome Desk Coordinator. Interested candidates can apply by e-mail (preferred) with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com before November 8, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. If e-mail is not an option, applications can be mailed to:
Michelle Harris – Welcome Desk Coordinator
110 Wyse Road
Dartmouth, N.S., B3A 1M2
Any questions can be directed to Michelle Harris at (902) 464-2600 (ext. 316) or firstname.lastname@example.org.