Weight Room Attendant
Built in 1982, the Dartmouth Sportsplex is a large, family-focused health, fitness, and recreation complex serving all regions of the Halifax Regional Municipality. Currently undergoing a twenty-five million revitalization project, the facility includes a running track, racquetball and squash courts, full fitness centre, an arena, and two swimming pools—with a brand new double gymnasium, welcoming community spaces, and much more to come. In addition to the physical renovations, the Dartmouth Sportsplex is launching a large-scale community outreach and accessibility program to reduce barriers, ensuring that everyone in our community can play. The Dartmouth Sportsplex is community-focused and values diversity. We are an equitable employer, recognizing and embracing each person’s talents, skills, and individual perspectives. We strive to create the most comfortable experience for our vibrant community and staff.
The Dartmouth Sportsplex is seeking an energetic health and fitness professional to help us support Dartmouth Sportsplex users. The Weight Room Attendant will support users in reaching their goals and provide an exceptional customer service experience to those using the weight room. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and have a passion for health, wellness, and community. We’re looking for individuals who:
- Hold a nationally recognized Weight Room, Resistance, or Personal Trainer Certification (or related experience/education).
- Can clearly, tactfully, and efficiently guide users through safe, effective exercise using the fitness center equipment.
- Hold or are willing to obtain a valid and current (live class, within last 12 months) CPR-A or CPR-C certification.
- Enjoy interacting with people.
- Are self-motivated, organized, and comfortable collaborating with other staff.
- Can work flexible hours, including early morning, night and weekend shifts.
- Are interested in fulfilling other roles within the facility (such as Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, and Welcome Desk).
- Are willing to train.
- Enjoy working in a team setting and thrive when managing multiple priorities and goals.
- Are competent using email, excel programs, text, spreadsheets, and social media platforms.
No experience necessary.
Preference will be given to candidates who have additional facility-relevant education or experience (such as Personal Training, Small Group Training, Lifeguarding, or Fitness Instruction), some experience in the Health, Fitness, and Recreation industries, and are bilingual (fluent in written and spoken English and any other language). This is a hands-on position and the successful candidate will work closely with Sportsplex users and members of the Dartmouth/Halifax communities.
This is a full-time temporary position with the Dartmouth Sportsplex.
A detailed employer profile and job description are available by contacting Andréa Morrison - Health, Fitness, and Recreation Coordinator. Interested candidates can apply by e-mail (preferred) with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If e-mail is not an option, applications can be mailed to:
Andréa Morrison; Health, Fitness and Recreation Coordinator
110 Wyse Road
Dartmouth, N.S., B3A 1M2
Any questions can be directed to Andréa Morrison at (902) 464-2600 (ext. 315) or email@example.com.