Porter and Housekeeping Staff – Part Time
The Dartmouth Sportsplex, built in 1982, is a family-focused health, fitness, and recreation complex that serves Dartmouth’s communities and all regions of the Halifax Regional Municipality. The former Dartmouth Sportsplex offered an arena, running track, racquetball and squash courts, full fitness centre, two swimming pools, and various meeting spaces. In November 2018, the facility will complete a major $25 million revitalization project, re-opening with new features such as a double gymnasium, new fitness centres and equipment, new welcoming community spaces, and so much more. In addition to the physical renovations, the facility is also launching a large-scale community outreach and accessibility program to reduce barriers and ensure that everyone in our community can play at the Sportsplex.
Diversity is a primary value of the Dartmouth Sportsplex. As an equal opportunity employer, we consider individual talents, skills, and unique perspectives to provide the best service to our vibrant community. Currently, the Dartmouth Sportsplex is seeking several energetic people to serve as our Porter and Housekeeping attendants, serving customers and potential customers at our Recreation Facility. This position involves:
- Cleaning tasks (including both light and deep cleaning duties using a variety of cleaning equipment).
- Set up of facility rooms and programs spaces.
- Grounds keeping Tasks; landscaping, snow removal, general maintenance.
- Greeting customers in the facility and answering questions.
- Delivering a high quality, friendly, safe and welcoming customer experience.
- Follow safe work handling procedures.
- Good organizational and attention to detail.
We’re looking for individuals who:
- Are passionate about recreation and the impact it has on our community’s health.
- Have experience in cleaning and ability to lift 50lbs.
- Have excellent verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Thrive when multi-tasking.
- Understand the skill it takes to deliver stellar customer service.
- Can work a minimum of 2 shifts per week (flexible hours including morning, evening and weekend shifts).
- Are efficient, detail oriented, and enjoy working with the public.
- Enjoy and thrive when working with people with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
This position is highly physical and the successful candidate will be required to be physically active in a fast-paced environment throughout their shift. Certification in CPR, AED, first aid, and WHIMIS are considered an asset (however we can provide this training to those who require it). Bilingualism (English along with Arabic, French, Swahili, or Mandarin) is considered an asset but is not a requirement.
This is a hands-on position and the successful candidates will work as part of the Porter and Housekeeping team to create a diverse and superior customer experience. We offer a supportive work environment, flexible working schedules, and a staff facility access pass benefit. Position wage range is $12-$13; dependent on experience. Please contact John Grautefestert - Maintenance Supervisor. Interested candidates can apply by e-mail (preferred) with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, Jan. 25, 2019 or until the position is filled. If e-mail is not an option, applications can be mailed to:
John Grautefestert – Maintenance Supervisor
110 Wyse Road
Dartmouth, N.S., B3A 1M2
Any questions can be directed to John Grautefestert at (902) 464-2600 (ext. 308) or email@example.com.