Personal Trainer/Small Group Trainer
Built in 1982, the Dartmouth Sportsplex is a large, family-focused health, fitness, and recreation complex serving all regions of the Halifax Regional Municipality. Currently undergoing a twenty-five million revitalization project, the facility includes a running track, racquetball and squash courts, full fitness centre, an arena, and two swimming pools—with a brand new double gymnasium, welcoming community spaces, and much more to come. In addition to the physical renovations, the Dartmouth Sportsplex is launching a large-scale community outreach and accessibility program to reduce barriers, ensuring that everyone in our community can play. The Dartmouth Sportsplex is community-focused and values diversity. We are an equitable employer, recognizing and embracing each person’s talents, skills, and individual perspectives. We strive to create the most comfortable experience for our vibrant community and staff.
The Dartmouth Sportsplex is seeking dynamic, experienced Personal Trainers to assist our clients in meeting their health and fitness goals. The successful candidate will be highly organized, professional, and passionate about the health and wellness both of individuals and our community.
We’re looking for individuals who:
- Hold and maintain a valid, nationally recognized Personal Trainer certification, or related experience/education.
- Hold or are willing to obtain a valid and current (live class, within last 12 months) CPR-A or CPR-C certification.
- Are self-motivated, organized, and comfortable collaborating with other staff.
- Enjoy working in a team setting and thrive when managing multiple priorities and goals.
- Are willing and able to fulfill other roles within the facility. NOTE: This position requires the willingness and ability to work at least 2 Weight Room Attendant shifts per week.
- Can work flexible hours, including regular night, early morning, and weekend shifts.
- Are competent using Excel programs, email, text, social media platforms, and spreadsheets.
Preference will be given to candidates who have additional facility relevant certifications (such as PNF stretching, massage, FMS or SFMA, myofascial release, kettlebell, Tabata, BoSU, foam rolling, etc.), experience managing athletic teams, experience in sales and marketing, and/or are bilingual (fluent in English and any other language). This is a hands-on position, and the successful candidate will work closely with the Sportsplex member base and members of Dartmouth and Halifax community.
This is a part-time, temporary position with the Dartmouth Sportsplex with the potential for full-time with the addition of hours in other roles.
A detailed employer profile and job description are available by contacting Andréa Morrison at Health, Fitness, and Recreation Coordinator. Interested candidates can apply by e-mail (preferred) with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If e-mail is not an option, applications can be mailed to:
Andréa Morrison - Health, Fitness, and Recreation Coordinator
110 Wyse Road, Dartmouth, N.S., B3A 1M2
Any questions can be directed to Andréa Morrison at (902) 464-2600 (ext. 315) or email@example.com.