The Dartmouth Sportsplex, built in 1982, is a family-focused health, fitness, and recreation complex that serves Dartmouth’s communities and all regions of the Halifax Regional Municipality. The former Dartmouth Sportsplex offered an arena, running track, racquetball and squash courts, full fitness centre, two swimming pools, and various meeting spaces. In November 2018, the facility will complete a major $25 million revitalization project, re-opening with new features such as a double gymnasium, new fitness centres and equipment, new welcoming community spaces, and so much more. In addition to the physical renovations, the facility is also launching a large-scale community outreach and accessibility program to reduce barriers and ensure that everyone in our community can play at the Sportsplex.
Diversity is a primary value of the Dartmouth Sportsplex. As an equal opportunity employer, we consider individual talents, skills, and unique perspectives to provide the best service to our vibrant community. Currently, the Dartmouth Sportsplex is seeking an energetic person to serve as our Aquatics Supervisor, helping to lead our aquatics department alongside our Aquatic Coordinator. This position involves:
- Providing administrative support to the Aquatic Coordinator.
- Recruiting, training, and coaching aquatics staff.
- Ensuring the quality and consistency of our programs and services.
- Supervising events and programs in our facility.
- Lifeguarding and teaching swimming lessons.
We’re looking for individuals who:
- Are passionate about recreation and the impact it has on our community’s health.
- Have leadership experience working in recreation, particularly in aquatics.
- Enjoy and thrive in leadership roles and are motivated to develop their leadership skills.
- Understand the skill it takes to deliver stellar customer service.
- Can work flexible hours, including regular night and weekend shifts.
- Are competent using e-mail, word processing programs, and spreadsheets.
- Are certified lifeguards and swimming instructors, or are willing to go through the necessary certification processes.
Preference will be given to candidates who have leadership experience, hold advanced aquatic instructor courses, have experience supervising aquatic staff and working with at-risk youth, and are involved in their community. This is a 40-hour work week leadership position and the successful candidate will work closely with the Aquatic Coordinator to create diverse and engaging programming for youth. We offer a supportive work environment with the option to be paid hourly or salary.
A detailed employer profile and job description are available by contacting the Ryan Kemp, Aquatic Coordinator. Interested candidates can apply by e-mail (preferred) with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com before Thursday November 8, 2018 or until the positions is filled. If e-mail is not an option, applications can be mailed (or dropped off) to:
Ryan Kemp – Aquatic Coordinator
110 Wyse Road
Dartmouth, N.S., B3A 1M2
Any questions can be directed to Ryan Kemp at (902) 464-2600 (ext. 319) or firstname.lastname@example.org.